Monday, November 12, 2007

One Jay


Since it's the day after her birthday, I'm still humoring the little woman, as I sometimes call MJ. Her first question this morning, upon arriving at work was, "Is my sock on the internet yet?" (meaning here, in the blog).

"Um... no..." I replied with some shame.


"Why not?!" with much indignation.


So, without further ado, here's her first knitted sock, in all its glory. Have I mentioned how much I love this yarn with this pattern?

Has anyone else noticed that Ravelry likes to crop photos, even if you use the little drag and drop thingee? That's why the sock isn't any bigger in that photo. I'm trying to figure out what the right size for Ravelry might be.



For the unJayed out there, here's a close-up. It's a very simple pattern. Row one is knit all the way around, and row two repeats on each of the four needles (assuming dpns). The colors are a little deeper and darker in person, but you know the drill with me and my lack of photography skills.

The mate is coming right along. They won't match, because I have no idea where in the skein that thinnish pink band (at top of sock #1) happens. In the second sock, it's an EVEN THINNER band, of the likes not seen in sock #1, more like the very narrow pink band in the foot of sock #1. So, I decided not to even try to match 'em up. The colors are the same dye lot, and she'll wear them with jeans and clogs most of the time, so...

Also, don't forget Anne's contest ends on the 15th! I'm glad I didn't have time to enter before we left for the beach, because this pattern is going to be one of mine, even though I know Anne isn't likely to suddenly take up socks any time soon.

9 comments:

Virtuous said...

Happy Belated J!!

You know she lives vicariously thru you on the blog! :op

Surviving said...

The yarn looks like it is made just for this pattern!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I have to make the Jays!

Holly said...

The Jays will be on my list if I ever take the notion to enroll in the sock class.

Bubblesknits said...

With all the socks I've knit, I've never tried the Jaywalker pattern! I guess I need to put that on my to-do list. :-) They look great!

wildflower38 said...

I have Jays on my to do list too

Sue J. said...

Great Jaywalkers! I love that yarn! I agree that is looks like it was made for that pattern. Hope ML loves her socks.

Sue H said...

Self striping yarn that makes different striped socks, the bane of knitters worldwide. It's ok for us who don't particularly bother about absolute matchiness, but for those who do........:-(
I love the Jaywalker though, will have to knit it one day.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What a fun sock! I think the pair will look good with each sock having it's own color pattern :)

The Fred socks look great!!